1. Why Korean?
Why do anything? Honestly, it just stuck.
2 . Daum or Naver (dictionary I mean)?
Neither, I have a funny little app on my phone and a large paper dictionary on my desk.
(However from reading all these posts, I downloaded Daum and I’m loving it!)
3. First website that you visit everyday?
4. Best thing that happened to you? (related to learning Korean)
I have two… When I first caught errors in subtitles, and when I was listening to something and realized I understood.
5. Ever regretted learning Korean?
Nope. ( I only regret wasting an opportunity to study)
6. Most common feedback/question you get when you say you are learning Korean?
7. First Korean food that comes to your mind?
Kimchi Fried Rice with Cheese. (oh I love this so much!)
8. Most overrated Korean drama?
Full House and then Playful Kiss.
9. Most underrated Korean drama?
10.Latest milestone in learning Korean?
I’ve had quite a few little “oh wow” moments. It is hard to put my finger on exactly what specific milestone… just lots of “oh cool, I can understand that now and I couldn’t before”
11. Favorite Korean word / phrase?
12. Name 3 people (fictional / real) who motivate / influence your Korean learning journey
I am motivated by everyone who has come before me. Those who started at ground zero and are now fluent.
Benny the Irish Polygot (Fluentin3months.com)
13. Secret ambition / goal (relating to Korean)
Fluency & Work in Korea
14. I want to sound like _____ when I speak Korean
less of a foreigner
15. Best compliment received (for Korean)
Oh, you sound good.
(also when I say something in Korean and then the recipient rapid fires Korean back at me, I feel pretty special… even though I have to wave my little hands and say “ooohh noooo! too fast!”
16. When is the last time you sat down and study Korean?
Yesterday, and I’ll do it again today.
17. Favorite textbook?
I have lots and I get something from each. . . No favorites. (However “The complete guide to the TOPIK” is my goal book. So I enjoy looking at it the most.)
18. Special people you met (online or otherwise) through Korean?
I have met a fantastic cast of characters through my Korean studies who have taught me so much … No one that I’d really single out.
19. How has learning Korean changed you / your life?
It’s apart of my everyday now and I would really miss it if it were gone.
Also, I’ve had to upgrade my data package on my wireless due to increased streaming of dramas and music. Hehehe
20. Ever dreamt in Korean?
Yes. Mostly it’s other people speaking to me in Korean.
21. Single best thing about learning Korean?
The personal achievement. There is no award, there is no grade. . It’s like having a really fantastic secret. I just smile to myself.